Sunday, October 4, 2009

Update # 16 on Jewel

Justin and Natasha went off to Church this morning while I stayed home with Jewel. I think Natasha is pretty happy to be driving again after I put insurance on our car yesterday. It was real encouraging to see Jewel taking a short walk in our garden today. Jewel just loves to see the roses, which she has cared for so well.

Today, I made a ‘Sunday roast’ for dinner. (It’s been a while since I did that. :-) ) It was kind of fun doing it. Hopefully it was as enjoyable for those eating as it was for me making it!!!

While Jewel did not sleep well last night, she was not discouraged. She had a beautiful encounter with the Lord. As Jewel explained to me her worshipful experience she radiated this deep sense of joy and peace. The Lord is teaching her new and profound lessons as we continue this journey.

This afternoon we had a wonderful visit with my spiritual father Maurice and his wife Lois. As I look back on my life they have always been there at every key moment and crisis point. We are grateful for their loving support and encouragement.

Today I have been contemplating about some thoughts sent to me a couple of days ago by my good friend, Doug Birdsall, leader of the Lausanne Movement.

“Yesterday I preached in chapel at Gordon-Conwell on endurance, taking the passage from Hebrews 11:23-27, "Moses persevered because he saw Him who is invisible." As I was reflecting on the life of endurance, I was also re-reading Romans 8:28. It struck me that the "all things working together for good" is not so much about the "happy ending" to every challenge in life as it is about the fact that adversity serves to conform us more and more to the image of Christ (Romans 8:29).”

For Jewel, our children and myself in spite of our current challenges it is our prayer and hope that people will see the authenticity and depth of our trust in the Living God. While the depth of our struggle is deep, the grace of God is even deeper.

Yours on the Journey,

Geoff


No comments:

Post a Comment