Saturday, October 3, 2009

Update # 15 on Jewel

Jewel has had another good day. While she has not done a marathon yet she has made several laps inside the house. Although she continues to tire easily she does seem to be getting stronger. She also continues to adjust her medication to manage her pain. We are all encouraged to see her appetite returning.

As I looked at my calendar today, I realized that Jewel and Justin should have been in Thailand visiting Justin’s sick friend, Natasha should have been in Rwanda ministering to street kids and I should have been in Hungary speaking at global conference of College president’s and deans. Yet today we all gathered in our family room at home reminding ourselves that in spite of our circumstances, God is still in control and he His faithful in keeping His promises.

God filled our bible with over 7,000 promises of His love, care, and protection. These are part of the promises God gives us:

GOD IS OUR PROTECTOR

"The Lord is my light and my salvation: Whom shall I fear? (Psalm 27:1,3)

"Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble. . .for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you." (Deuteronomy 31:6)

GOD IS OUR PROVIDER

"Do not worry then, saying what shall we eat or what shall we drink" . . .for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you." (Matthew 6:17)

THE LORD PROMISES US PEACE

"Peace I leave you; My peace I give to you; not as the world give, do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful." (John 14:27)

THE LORD IS FAITHFUL TO US

"The Lord ís loving kindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Thy faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:22-23)

GOD IS THE STRENGTH OF OUR LIFE

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." (Psalm 73:26)

GOD PROMISES US A FUTURE AND A HOPE

"For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not calamity to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11)

Thank you Lord for these great promises.

On the Journey,

Geoff

No comments:

Post a Comment