Monday, November 23, 2009

Update # 34

It has been an intense couple of weeks since my last blog.

It was so good to have Jewel’s Aunt/Nurse Jean to stay with Jewel for 8 days after her last chemo. It gave both Jewel and I a great sense of peace as I travelled.

While the chemo caused a lot of tiredness and significant leg pain, we were grateful that there were no other major side effects of the treatment or her medications.

While I was in South Korea for World Evangelical Alliance’s annual International Council and Leadership meetings, I was so encouraged by the love and concern for our family expressed by so many leaders across the world.

Originally, I was to travel from Korea to China for a historic visit of WEA leaders with Church leaders in China. However, because of Jewel’s illness, I decided to curtail the trip. When I was in Seoul, Jewel felt that she was able to manage the post-chemo OK and I should continue the trip to China as was originally planned. While it was a difficult decision not to come home, it was confirmed in several ways to both Jewel and I that I was meant to travel to China.

I feel so blessed to have a wife who has spiritual insights and a Kingdom focus.

While there were a few “bumpy” days for Jewel because of the pain and swelling in her leg she has been able to make it through. In fact, yesterday Jewel was able to attend church for the first time since she became ill. With the help of friend she was thrilled to be able to slip in and out church to hear Natasha’s 10- minute presentation on her mission to Rwanda.

Yesterday, I got back home from Asia. It was SO good to see Jewel and the kids. Jewel has a new array of headgear. I was able to bring home a special hat from China. Although, our kids felt it makes Jewel look like Cruella de Vil from 101 Dalmatians.

During our meetings in Korea the International Council asked me to extent my term for another 5 years, until 2015. This process of reappointment began several months ago. I was very humbled by this offer. Jewel and I believe it right for me to continue. For more details you can read the following press release. http://www.worldevangelicals.org/news/article.htm?id=2697&cat=press

The trip to China was one of the most challenging visits I have made to any country. The complexities of the situation are immense and the opportunities for spiritual impact are incredible. For more details you can check out the links below:

http://www.worldevangelicals.org/news/article.htm?id=2700&cat=press

http://www.christianpost.com/article/20091119/wea-leaders-visit-china-s-fastest-growing-church/index.html

http://www.christianpost.com/article/20091117/wea-leaders-meet-with-china-church-officials/index.html

Today, Jewel and I are heading to the Cancer Clinic to meet with the Oncologist to discuss the radiation treatment that is recommended after Jewel finishes her last chemotherapy treatment. We continue to look for God’s healing and wisdom.

Yours on the Journey,

Geoff

No comments:

Post a Comment