Thursday, November 5, 2009

Update # 32

I am now in Korea. It’s a busy and vibrant as ever. I’ve been encouraged by the contact with some of my Korean colleagues.

It’s good to have Skype so I can easily stay in touch with Jewel.

Jewel was at the Cancer Clinic yesterday to meet with the Oncologist. The doctors seem very pleased with her healing from the surgery. The blood work indicated that here white count is high enough that no adjustments need to be made to the chemo and she can go ahead with her next treatment on Friday, November 6th. While I wish I could be home for her next treatment, I am grateful that a good friend will take her to the clinic and stay with her for the day. It is also comforting to know that her Aunt Jean from Pennsylvania will arrive late Friday afternoon and stay for 8 days.

While I am here in Korea for our board and leadership meetings, I will also have the privilege of officiating at a wedding ceremony for a close friend’s son. Since my friend’s son will be marrying a Chinese girl the service will be in Korean, Chinese and English. I hope nothing get’s lost in the translation. :-)

I know Jewel would particularly appreciate your prayers, as would I, while we are away from each other.

Yours on the Journey,

Geoff

No comments:

Post a Comment